Snorkelingexplore a world underwater
Mabibi is regarded as one of the best snorkeling sites in South Africa. The coral reefs along this protected stretch of coastline are home to thousands of species of tropical fish.
Our rockpool snorkeling area is home to mostly juvenile fish, but you can see octopus, fire fish, moray eels and electric rays too. The snorkeling is in the bay, about 400 metres south of the lodge. Snorkeling is tide dependent and is best at low tide. Guests can also experience the thrill of snorkeling in the open ocean on shallow reefs. Age restrictions do not apply to rock pool snorkeling, however our fin sizes start at 36/37 and you must be a competent swimmer. Children under 8 need to be accompanied by an adult. We offer complimentary guided rock pool snorkeling as an activity at low tide.
- Complimentary guided snorkeling
- One of the best snorkeling sites in South Africa
- Only 400 meters from the Lodge
- Weather and tide dependent and best at low tide
- Recommended minimum age of 8 (many families with 5yr olds and upwards take part but it is dependent on the child’s ability to swim and enthusiasm)
- Children under 8 need to be accompanied by an adult.