Kayaking on lake Sibaya
Early morning guided kayaking is offered on Lake Sibaya, southern Africa’s largest freshwater lake.
Guests are driven up to the lake (20 minute) drive where they can enjoy an early morning paddle when the waters are calm and the possibility of seeing hippos and crocs is fair. This is also an excellent birding opportunity. Kayaking is offered as a complimentary guided activity.
The untouched shoreline of Lake Sibaya stretches for 100km; at 70 square kilometres, it is South Africa’s largest freshwater lake. Lake Sibaya falls within the iSimangaliso Wetland Park, and the Ramsar Convention assures its international conservation status.
- Largest freshwater lake in Southern Africa
- Chance of seeing hippo and crocodiles
- Great birding opportunities
- Complimentary guided activity
- Regret no children under 8 may partake in this activity.
- Kayaking is dependent on weather conditions.